- In the same way as a sports coach, observation of the coachee’s performance in order to question, remobilize, provide feedback and focus concentration.
- Analysis by the coach of the gap between the manager’s self-image and that of those with whom (s)he interacts.
- Live coaching
Live coaching, in three stages:
Preparation before the meeting.
Attentive observation during the meeting (noting down key words & expressions, precise behavioural traits).
Debriefing after the meeting: the coachee assesses his/her performance, the coach provides additional observations where necessary.
- Awareness of certain examples of inefficient behaviour and discovery of relational frailties.
- Managers are challenged with regard to their current practice. They leave their comfort zone and enter an environment in which they feel at ease, secure and supported.
- Managers’ motivation is given a boost by the discovery of hitherto unexploited resources.