“HR Business Partner”
Develop the role played by the HR function in deploying the strategy.
The leadership competencies to develop depend to a large extent on the challenges that the HR function wishes to address:
- Developing an active collaboration with the business teams
- Supporting managers in attaining their objectives
- Identifying and promoting information that will be of use to decision-makers
- Helping managers to manage their own resources more effectively and to become real “HR Partners”
- Ensuring the consolidation and development of the company’s people
- Detecting and developing managers and high potentials but also the other key forces within the company: new recruits, talent groups, essential mainstays, senior staff
- Maintaining balanced relations between the organization and its employees
- Monitoring developments elsewhere and anticipating the need for change
- Keeping a watchful eye on changes in the business world so as to be able to adapt HR strategies and means accordingly
- Contributing to the development of the organization.