Team building for your team
Team Building differs from Team Coaching in terms of its duration and frequency.
The process of Team Coaching more often than not consists of a specific session for a team and its leader, in which the aim is to help them to think about ways of optimizing their work processes and procedures.
In Team Building, the team and its leader come together over several days, often in a residential retreat away from the workplace so as to generate a convivial atmosphere and a sense of intimacy.
The kinds of situations in which teams and their leaders tend to request Team Building input arise from contexts such as:
Strategic and/or organizational repositioning
- Implementation of major change which will require the team to think deeply about the dynamics of change, how to steer, manage and organize the change project, means of communication, individual roles & responsibilities etc…
- Reinforcement of a sense of belonging in the wake of a merger or reorganization, generation of group commitment to a common project for the company or business unit
- Group reflection on new strategic aims of the business unit and the management team, implementation of cultural changes giving rise to high levels of tension within the team.
Need for short, sharp and effective reflection on a key team issue
- Good Practice Sharing
- Drawing up a specific program, project or budget
- Launch of a development project
- Creativity and innovation drive: search for new concepts, new research aims,
- Deployment of a product or service offer to new markets and/or new territories (especially international)
Team formation and development
- Appointment of a new team leader
- Renewal of a large part of an existing team,
- Creation of a diversified team, made up of people from different cultural and/or working backgrounds,
- Creation of cohesion within a team: work on team identity, culture, interpersonal relations, functional interfaces, mutual steering tools,
- Need to develop the level of autonomy or maturity of the team, but without “cloning”
- Dealing with underlying tensions, open conflict and problems of efficiency.